Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Small Indulgence

The morning we were leaving Crescent after my mother's wedding she called and asked me to stop by her house on the way out of town because there was an opened tin of caviar in her fridge. I happily complied and brought the caviar back to Atlanta with me. I haven't always liked caviar and I still don't like all the ones I taste, but I do like this. It comes from Darien, GA and is from wild caught American Sturgeon. This is about as local as caviar comes! So a friend came over for a little tasting before dinner and we had the caviar on wafers with a meyer lemon scented creme fraiche.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree! The caviar was delicious, and the meyer lemon creme fraiche was the perfect combination with the salty caviar. Thank you for sharing it with me. Yummy and sustainable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! It was so tasty! I do LOVE caviar, but I seldom get to have it. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete